Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Considering Genre

Honestly, I hate the different genres.  Not only do I have to familiarize myself with the topic I am writing about, but I also have to familiarize myself with a new genre of writing.  However, I do look forward to the end of the semester when I can congratulate myself for becoming a more well-rounded writer and researcher.
  
1.   What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?

Dhscommtech. "Shoulder-mount camcorder". 01/08/10 via wikimedia. Creative Commons
I think the video essay would be the most influential for this project.  Because the passing of the bill is still so recent, the opposition to the bill is still very high.  I think the video essay would be the most powerful, especially since it is centered around something heavy (death).


2.   What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?

First, I need to map out the major points I want emphasized in my project.  After that, I need to figure out and familiarize myself with the genre and the conventions.  Aligning my major points with the conventions will be next and figuring out content.

3.   How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?


I’m very nervous.  The video essay was the genre I was most nervous about, and it is the first one I’m doing.  I think familiarizing myself with the conventions will be difficult.  I’m also nervous for the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment